How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19654
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've just lost my S.S. card. What do I do so that no one can

Customer Question

I've just lost my S.S. card. What do I do so that no one can use my number?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name: Helen ************* ss: ********** dob: March 24, 1922
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't know what.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Go to your local Police Station and file a Police Report. Then go to the local office of Social Security Administration and file a report and request for a replacement. Click here for contact information:

Also contact all three major credit Reporting Agencies (Experian, Equifax, and Transunion) to put a security freeze on your account. With this you would be notified if someone tries to apply for credit using your information.

You also need to contact Credit Reporting Agencies to request a free copy of your credit report so that you can review the reports and then dispute any fraudulent information on the reports. Click on the link below to get a free report from each of the major Credit Reporting Agencies: