How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to apply for medicare part A, 68 yrs old still working

Customer Question

how to apply for medicare part A
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: 68 yrs old still working want to retire but do not know how much monthly money I swill qualify for Will lose ALL medical insurance when I retire. Need advice, please.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Will need to continue worki when I retire! How much can I earn while on soc. sec.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you today :-)

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

You are automatically enrolled into part A when you turn 65. If you declined it at that time, you will have to apply during open enrollment which is coming up. No worries on losing your health insurance - Medicare and a Medicare supplement plan will pick up for you. In the grand scheme of things, it will be very similar in cost to what most poeple have to buy these days. Surely not as good as it was back in the past, but you are at least able to be covered.

Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

To enroll, call 1-***-***-****. Please note that you have a special enrollment period within 60 days of retirement. If you know your retirement date, contact social security and sign up ASAP

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.