Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I need to get a replacement for my W2 for 2015 for tax

Customer Question
purposes. I tried to...
I need to get a replacement for my W2 for 2015 for tax purposes. I tried to do it online...maybe I did something wrong??
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I need to file my income taxes for 2015 right away & I can't find my social security W2 paper.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: When I tried to do it online SS said my info doesn't match their information. This doesn't make sense unless I did something wrong.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/13/2016
Social Security Expert: Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi, My name's Lane. I'll try to help here.

...

I have the VERY same thing happen to me ... and we hear this from MANY clients.

...

You have one other option (possibly two)

...

(1) go to the IRS "Get my Tax Transcript" site, here -> https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

...

Once you get into THAT system, ask for a WAGE and INCOME transcript (there are several types)

...

Although this won't give you a mirror image of W-2's ot SSA-1099's ALL of the information that you need to file is there (the contents of every box on the w-2 and 1099's).

...

(2) You can go to an IRS taxpayer assistance center to ask THEM to get the transcript for you.

...

See this: https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/contact-your-local-irs-office

...

At the bottom of that page there's a place to enter your zip code to locate the nearest office.

...

Hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Already tried the IRS---they can't help me online because my cell phone is paid by the month...not on contract (which is more expensive).

So sorry ... your only other option is to CALL social Security and see if they can reset the password ***** help you get in to the My Social Security account ... OR

...

Again, walk into a taxpayer assistance center. They DO advertise that getting your transcript is one of the seven things that they can do for you:

...

See this:

...

https://www.irs.gov/uac/walk-in-seven-reasons-to-visit-an-irs-taxpayer-assistance-center

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS