How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3166
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you, I am 64 and am retired drawing on my 401k (pretax

This answer was rated:

Thank you, ***** ***** 64 and am retired drawing on my 401k (pretax funds). I understand that my SS will be reduced by 1$ for every 2$ I get. Does that include my 401k money?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I also have a minor pension that I know will affect my SS, so no question on that. Thanks

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your social security benefits will only be reduced by EARNED income (job, self-employment). Distributions from 401K is a portfolio income and is not considered earned income. Your 401K distribution will not affect or otherwise reduce your social security benefits.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

emc011075 and other Social Security Specialists are ready to help you