emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

Thank you, I am 64 and am retired drawing on my 401k (pretax

Thank you, ***** ***** 64 and am retired drawing on my 401k (pretax funds). I understand that my SS will be reduced by 1$ for every 2$ I get. Does that include my 401k money?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I also have a minor pension that I know will affect my SS, so no question on that. Thanks

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your social security benefits will only be reduced by EARNED income (job, self-employment). Distributions from 401K is a portfolio income and is not considered earned income. Your 401K distribution will not affect or otherwise reduce your social security benefits.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?