How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A copy of my W4.. I misplaced my copy when I recently moved.

Customer Question

a copy of my W4.. I misplaced my copy when I recently moved. ***********
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My tax accountant called me a half hour ago asking for the information so she can finalized my return tonight.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Only how much I paid for my medical for 2015.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Do you mean W2? W4 is tax withholding certificate.

About the medical insurance premiums, it should be listed on your w2 and you may also received form 1095B or C.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

To get current year W2, your employer is usually the best option. You can also request the IRS transcript but it will not have state and local information. Social security may or not have the current year W2s just yet and it takes couple of weeks to get.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, yes the W2. for 2015. I retired so I just need to know how much social security paid me in 2015.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have the money to pay for the phone call otherwise the call would probably be better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to provide me with either a copy of my retirement statement OR the amount I was paid in 2015?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still on the call with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I am here. I cannot provide you with any statements, I do not have access to any of your accounts. If you cannot get the documents from the original source, you can request your IRS transcript. It will take about 15 to set up your account. The only problem with transcript is that it will not show your state information. It will help you with the federal return, but not the state return.

You can request the transcript here: