Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

OVER MY WIFE NOW HER NAME IS ************* WE NEED HER SS

Customer Question
MY NAME IS LONNIE **********...
MY NAME IS LONNIE ********** I AM GUARDIEDONE OVER MY WIFE NOW HER NAME IS ************* WE NEED HER SS CHANGED OVER TO OUR BANK ACCOUNT FROM MARICOPA I HAVE COURT PAPERS FOR THAT.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: WE WENT TO COURT IN SEPT. 19TH
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: THE BANK ACCOUNT IT SHOULD GO INTO AND NOT TO MARICOPA COUNTY I GUESS.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
10/10/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If your wife is receiving benefits, you can help her create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Do not close your old account until the first payment has been deposited by social security into your new account. If you close the old account too quickly, you could miss a monthly benefit payment that could take 4to 6 weeks to get back from social security,

Alternatively, if she is already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213(1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance for your rating of my service, It is greatly appreciated,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney