How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19656
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My friends sons dad is in prison but was on disabailty

Customer Question

my friends sons dad is in prison but was on disabailty before he went to prison can his son now file for auxilary benifits?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: chases dad is disable but he is incarcerated for ten years can chase the son apply for benifits
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no unfortunately he was not married but is there help for the child?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Could you explain a little more?

How old is the son?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he and his mom are destitute the son i believe is 10 or 11 just started 6th grade before his dad went away chase the son was not drawing any money off dad though he was probably entitled but without dads help they are sinking fast im just trying to help a friend
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im in no position to pay 52 dollars im sorry it said free trial and at most 16 dollars my s/o and i are disabled i will just keep trying i have to go to ssi office this week ill just get her to go with me thanx but please cancel my free trial as its getting to expensive for me im sorry
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: If you received another offer. It did not come from me and you do not have to pay it.

I will go ahead and answer your question anyway even if you do not have any money to pay.

The son can still receive benefits based on his father's earnings even if his father is now in prison. His mother can go to the local office of Social Security Administration to apply for him.

Best wishes,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he gave me hope thank u
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You are quite Welcome!

Best wishes,