How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Must I sign up for Medicare if my husband is fully insures

Customer Question

Must I sign up for Medicare B if my husband is fully insures through his company and he is only 50 years old, which means he will work for the next 15 yrs +
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I will turn 65 on Nov 6th- I was sent a letter from SS stating that I will pay 121.88 per month for Medicare Part B.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Are you still on line
JA: No. I'm the Retirement Accountant's Assistant.
Customer: OK thanks
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I am collecting Disability from SS - started in 2007
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You are probably automatically qualified for Part B because of your disability and medicaid or medicare part A you are on.

No, you don't have to subscribe to Part B. You may want to give them a call to discuss about how to opt out the coverage.

Personally, I prefer a visit to the local SSA office to discuss face to face with a representative.

The information below is for your reference for contact.

Please feel free to follow up.



Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

  • Visit your local Social Security office.
  • Call Social Security at 1-***-***-****. TTY users should call 1-***-***-****.

  • If you worked for a railroad, call the RRB at 1-***-***-****.