Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am purchasing a home on my Cal Vet, they are requesting a

Customer Question
HI, I am purchasing a...
HI, I am purchasing a home on my Cal Vet, they are requesting a verification letter from SS to prove that I receive a monthly check, and the amount.. How do I get one of those?
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am 78 and retired, I receive monthly SS benefits,The VA needs proof of this and requires a verification letter from SS
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Not really, do you have a site where I can speak to a Retirement Expert please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
10/7/2016
Social Security Expert: Christopher B, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Christopher B, Esq.

My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today. Thank you for your question and for using justanswer.com.

You can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account. If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to request the letter.

See link from SSA site: https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3705/how-can-i-get-a-benefit-verification-letter

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated. See link for how to rate: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Was that the answer you were looking for? Please give me some feedback if not as I want to satisfy my customers. If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. See "rate an answer" on the following link for how to do so: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Thank you in advance.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?

Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney