How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Went to get a flu shot and they said my medicare had a

Customer Question

went to get a flu shot and they said my medicare had a diffident birthday, thus my medecare would not pay for it..
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I want to verify my date of birth.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I know. I've had medicate since 2006 and this is the first problem or question.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

This is one of the most interesting situation. When you examine your medicare card, do you feel the date of birth is correct?

It is more likely the clerical or data error at your health care provider's place and not the SSA.

To verity your date of birth, the best way is to go to a regional, local SSA office. But it is rarely wrong.

I would go after the health care provider and ask them what date of birth they have in their system and from where they got that data.

Please feel free to follow up.