How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3282
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am applying for residency at a condominium rental

Customer Question

I am applying for residency at a condominium rental establishment in Vancouver WA. I have to reveal my monthly income, which is just my Social Security check. All of my savings are in non-taxable accounts at this point. I can't seem to locate anything about the monthly amount after having checked my online banking statement. Can you tell me the monthly amount of my check, please? I can give you whatever ID verification you need. Thanks,
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so. What's the difference between talking with you and the retirement account? I simply want to know how to find the amount of my monthly check. It is supposed to be deposited automatically in my checking account. Can you help me with this?
Submitted: 8 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If your Social Security benefit amount is direct deposited into your bank account, there should be an entry for that deposit each month on your bank statement.

You can also receive a "Benefit Letter" directly from Social Security, which will verify your income.

You can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Related Social Security Questions