LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I need copies of both my husband and my Social Security

Customer Question

I need copies of both my husband and my Social Security award letter for 2015 and 1099's for both of us
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am purchasing a home and I need 2015 award letters from Social Security for both my husband and myself and 1099's for 2015 for both of us
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I kinow of
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You can get both of those documents for each of you in one of 3 ways. Let me explain:

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement formSSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, Social Security has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily:
1. Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and get a replacement SSA-1099, see your earnings statement ,estimated retirement benefit, current Award Letter and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents"tab.

2. Or, you can call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****),Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and request a replacement document.

3. Finally, if you prefer face to face transactions, you may contact your local Social Security office and they will process the request for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good evening,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug