How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15722
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know how to have less taxes taken out of my

Customer Question

I would like to know how to have less taxes taken out of my check
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have 20 or 25% taken out and would like to drop it to 5 or 10% because I still work about 10 hours a week
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: not that I know of
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

You can complete a W-4V and request that the amount be changed. You may choose to have the payer withhold federal income tax of 7%, 10%, 15%, or 25% from each payment, but no other percentage or amount.

Here is a link to the W-4V