How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4623
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to change my checking account number because I have

Customer Question

I need to change my checking account number because I have changed my account.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have had to change my checking account numbere it had been compromised.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: Nt that I know of.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to the site. I'mCustomer and will be helping you today.

Expert:  PDtax replied 11 months ago.

The easiest way to make the change is directly with social security through their MyAccount online connection. is the web page to sign up or access your existing MyAccount login to make the change.

If you do not have a MyAccount setup, you will need to:

You must be able to verify some information about yourself and:

  • Have a valid E-mail address,
  • Have a Social Security number,
  • Have a U.S. mailing address, and
  • Be at least 18 years of age.

You will also want to have the old account information and the new number as well.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer