How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12695
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 67 years old and have paid into SS my entire adult

Customer Question

I am 67 years old and have paid into SS my entire adult life. Can I now draw on my social security?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Yes you can ... full retirement age is age 66

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

If You Were Born Between 1943 And 1954, your full retirement age is 66. This means that you can not only take full benefits (although you would receive what are called Delayed Retirement Credits for every year you wait untill age 70), you can work while receiving the benefit with no reduction.


You can read about Full Retirement Age from Social Security here:


Please let me know if you have any questions at all.


And if you DON'T have other questions Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …would be appreciated!

Otherwise I receive no compensation for the work.


Thank you,