How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3376
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In my 2014 and 2015 statement of payments ( for my income

Customer Question

in my 2014 and 2015 statement of payments ( for my income tax filing.)
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: How do I increase with tax with holding from my SS payments ?
JA: PayPal, Debitcard or credit card are all fine.
Customer: I wish the amount of with holding increased from my actual SS payment,
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I do not understand . the question is clear
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you want to change or stop your withholding, you'll need a form W-4V from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You can print the form, or call the IRS toll-free number1-***-***-**** and ask for Form W-4V, Voluntary Withholding Request.

When you complete the form, you will need to select the percentage of your monthly benefit amount you want withheld. You can have 7%, 10%, 15% or 25% of your monthly benefit withheld for taxes.

Sign the form and return it to your local Social Security office by mail or in person.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,