How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband suffered cerebral bleed 7/23. He had a stomach

Customer Question

My husband suffered cerebral bleed 7/23. He had a stomach feeding tube inserted before going to acute rehab. Now 3 wks into sub-acute care, if he doesn't make progress, nursing home saying he will be dropped from his "managed Medicare" and must start as 'private patient paying for long term care'? A different nursing home (nicer, cleaner where we hope to transfer him) is asking if we could "dis-enroll him in his managed Medicare Plan, and then he could go on regular Medicare and due to feeding tube, which would qualify for more of his 100 days even if physical therapy does not make progress. Should I dis-enroll him in United HMO Health Care???? Would his new feeding tube qualify him for more of his 100 days under regular Medicare??? Are there any disadvantages for him later? We are preparing a Medicaid application for early 2017.
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.