How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ABC Accounting Group Your Own Question
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 688
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
ABC Accounting Group is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter receives ssi but her case worker stated she she

Customer Question

My daughter receives ssi but her case worker stated she she be receiving SSID. She has a daughter that lives with her father in which he needs extra help. Is there any kind of relief he can get for their daughter since her mother is disabled? Can't seem to get information from the Social Security office, you would think your taking money out of their personal account.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 10 months ago.

Hi. To pinpoint the answer, is daycare needed for your daughter? I was not sure what her age was. Also - there is Medicaid, as well.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My daughter is at this point in a group home for chronic mental illness. Her daughter will be 12 October 8, she doesn't need daycare but her dad sure could use help. These days it takes two parents to provide. My granddaughter is in junior high and her expenses are getting more and more. Her father needs some additional financial help. We try as hard as we can to help but I know he feels bad about it and trying to do the best that he can on his own. We will in Illinois and getting anyone that's willing to help is like pulling teeth.My daughters social worker was the person that stated she should be getting SSDI which would help in taking care of her.
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 10 months ago.

First, I would definitely see about Medicaid at

I would look into this, as well: for additional assistance.

There is, also, temporary assistance in Illinois at

I feel so bad for you and hope the above helps in any way possible Best Wishes to you.

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 10 months ago.

Let me know if you have any questions and if you are satisfied with the answer. If you are satisfied with the answer, a positive 5-star rating is very much appreciated. No additional charge; it just gives me credit for the answer. Thank you.