Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
72280797

I need a new Medicare card. The info at your office invites

Customer Question

I need a new Medicare card. The info at your office invites me not to wait in line but get one on the computer. There is no such item on the website.
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is Barbara **********. My birthdate is ********* and my social security number is ************, I need the replacement in red, white and blue because the NY subway system demands to see the card so I can get a fare discount. Thanks for your help.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: Not really. I am retired and have been on social security for over 15 years.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 9 months ago.

Dear Customer,

We are a website question-answer service.

To replace your medicare card, you can choose to sign into the SSA website below. The SSA announces that you can apply for a replaced card through your on-line account.

https://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/?gclid=COaPy5DAoc8CFdgHgQodN-sL_w

All the other traditional methods still work, too. Please see quotation below.

"If your red, white, and blue Original Medicare card has been lost or stolen, or you can no longer use it because it is too faded or damaged, you can replace it by calling the National Social Security Hotline at(###) ###-#### You can also apply for a new card online or go to your local Social Security office."

Please feel free to follow up.

Regards,

Fiona

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP