LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I didn't receive my ssd. benefts this month. I am on hold

Customer Question

hello. I didn't receive my ssd. benefts this month. I am on hold with them. I was left abruptly by my ex - in the settlement, I started getting pay outs of 1,000 per month it began in June... my brain is in a fog- I don't know if I was supposed to report this??? or not??? is this a reason it may have been suspended????
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: just that I get about 1000.00 per month, it started in June... and my soc sec. page said I was suspended first of aug... which leads me to think it must be because I didn't report (brain fog-depression-from husband leaving me abruptly after 18 years)
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

Your husband leaving you will not have any effect on your social security benefits.

1. What is your birth date and month?

2. How long have you been receiving benefits? Just since June?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3/20/66
5-6 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I have connections problems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please do not bill me the 5 dollars as offered. I am having wifi connection problr
ems
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the additional information. Please give me a minute to draft your answer for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom,

Given that you were born on the 20th, under present social security regulations you should receive your social security benefit deposit on the third Wednesday of each month. Today is the third Wednesday. It should have been deposited last night.

While it is rare for a person’s automatic deposit not to be deposited on the day that it is scheduled, it does occasionally happen.

As today is the third Wednesday of the month, it is possible that your bank simply has not credited it to your account yet, and of course you will want to check with them and see if bank computers show it as a pending deposit.

If it is not at least pending---to be credited this evening, because you receive your benefit through automatic deposit, there is something else you can do.

As you normally receive your benefit payment by direct deposit, you may report a non-receipt of payment immediately by calling 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.,Monday through Friday. Social Security will check their records and get the situation straightened out for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did call them. They said they sent a notice to call them because they needed more information. It went to my old address they said. So now, I am supposed to go to the downtown office. Was I suppose to report I am getting funds from my won case in which I now take $1,000.00 monthly out started in this past June?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sir, are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my wifi is working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay. I agreed to pay 5 dollars. I got a response. I attempted to contact you again. I am not getting any responses now. I don't know if you are done with my question or not. have you ended the 5 dollar agreement sir?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cannot rate until I hear from you sir. waiting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my question was if you knew why my s.s.d. was suspended?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I am still here but I am helping other customers at the same time. If you would like my undivided attention, then you may accept a phone call offer from me, which I will make now.

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You never said you were receiving SSDI. How long have you been getting SSDI?

What is the $1000 a month you are getting? What case did you win? What did you sue for?