How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dad has a discrepancy in his Social Security payments.

Customer Question

My dad has a discrepancy in his Social Security payments. How can I compare his Social Security payments with his W-2's?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can access his online account and make sure that all earnings had been properly reported to the social security. His benefits are based on his earnings reported to SSA by the employers or IRS if he was self-employed. If he had income that had not been reported to SSA contact social security to update his records.

You can calculate his benefits manually using this chart:

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?