Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I have been collected 1100.00 $ a month prior to my present…

I have been collected 1100.00...
I have been collected 1100.00 $ a month prior to my present age of 62 for other disability. Do I qualify for more money now . I desperately need more funds to survive on . Thank you Jimmy Reavis
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have had 2 strokes and a heart attack prior to reaching the age of 62 .That is why I've been collecting the 1100.00 disability ; which is not near enough.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/18/2016
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi Jimmy. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your SSDI will not change at 62. At your full retirement age of 66 your SSDI will automatically turn into regular social security benefits but the amount will not change a lot, you will get a yearly (almost every year) cost of living adjustment.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've already had 2 strokes and a heart attack !!!!! Before the age of 62 ; it really doesn't make sense to me being this disabled , to not get more funding in which I desperately need.

Your benefits are based on your work records, not your medical history. Your benefits will not change as you get older (accept the cost of living adjustment).

emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
LawTalk, Attorney
Phone call session started
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser