How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7152
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to order an SSA-7050, Detailed Earnings Query,

Customer Question

I would like to order an SSA-7050, Detailed Earnings Query, of my retirement account. What is process?
JA: These retirement benefits are supposed to help us but they can be so complicated! The Retirement Expert will help you get the most benefits propertly. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I understand from the local SSA office that I pay a fee and I will receive a print out within 3-4 weeks. Correct?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: At some point you will need my name and SSN. Do you want that information now?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 1 year ago.

Actually, if you actually need the detailed report that is contained on the SSA-7050, the SSA says that it may take as long as 3 or 4 months. They seem to have quite a backlog, particularly at this time of the year.

If you can get by with a Summary Report, you may be able to obtain that online if you set up your own account with Social Security. It is very simple to do so & I would do that first as there's no charge for doing that.

Here's a link to the Application Form for the 7050:

That form also includes a listing of the various fees involved, depending upon if you need the record certified.

Here's another option for completing the necessary request faster than normal:

Also, if you go to -- the first link under that heading takes you to the "My Social Security" section of the website where you can set up your own account with Social Security and obtain summary information free of charge. As I said above, in any case I would do that first as that may give you a good bit of information that you can use immediately without waiting for the full report.

We can't assist you in getting your information due to the Privacy Laws, it can only be released to you or your Representative, which basically involves giving someone your Power of Attorney to deal with the SSA on your behalf. That should not be necessary to simply obtain the information you want; it is readily available for you to obtain on your own.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 12 months ago.

Just checking in..............

Is there anything else that I can assist you with in regards ***** ***** question?

If not, I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive my share of the payment that you've already made to the site.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.