How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Believe that there is an error in my social security. My

Customer Question

believe that there is an error in my social security. My husband passed away in March of this year. According to the 2015 tax form that we filed My ss was 14, 554.80 My husband Roberts was 19,438.80 I was under the impression that I would receive mine plus 1/2 of his. I am receiving 1,515.00 every month. Is this correct. Renee ****** *********** *********. I would appreciate someone looking into this matter. Roberts ss ************. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If you want somebody to look up your social security records you will need to contact social security directly.

You are entitled to widow/survivor benefits. The amount of the benefits could be as much as 100% of your late husband's benefits, depending when you actually applied for your own. If you applied for your benefits before your full retirement age (between 62 and 66) you will not get 100%. The benefits are NOT in addition to your own. You will receive the highest benefits available to you.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?