How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask keeperumiami Your Own Question
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 7119
Experience:  Sr Tax Expert/Financial PlannerCPA/PFS (retired)Over forty years of advising individuals & small businesses
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
keeperumiami is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My social security card has been lost, only d/l i have is

Customer Question

my social security card has been lost, only d/l i have is expired, also lost birth certificate, in a real pickle
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  keeperumiami replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 10 months ago.

What or Who are you currently trying to prove you identify to?

Well, start with the Birth Certificate.

I presume that you know where you were born.

I also presume that you know your Social Security Number.

An expired Driver's License is still valid identification, you just can't use it to drive.

I presume that you do not have a passport.

So, the first thing you should do is to contact the Town or City's Clerk's office where you were born and ask for a couple of copies of your certified birth certificate.

That will get the ball rolling.

When you have a Certified Copy of your Birth Certificate & your expired Driver's License, you should be in reasonably good shape.

You can also go to the City or Town where you have registered to vote & as for a Voter Registration Card, which normally will satisfy most that you are a US Citizen.

Do you have a copy of your latest income tax return?

Do you have a copy of the lease or deed on the property where you reside?

Again, What or Who are you currently trying to prove you identify to or what are you trying to do exactly.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in....................

Have you had a chance to view my response?

Do you have any follow-up questions, or can I be of any further assistance on this question?

If not, please remember to rate my response as that is the only way I will receive credit (payment) for responding to your question. Without a rating, I am not compensated.

There is no charge for providing me with a rating.

Thanks very much,

Steve G.

Expert:  keeperumiami replied 9 months ago.


Just checking in.....................

I'd like to close out this question before the end of the month, if possible.

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to let me know if I can assist you further and/or if you would provide a rating for my responses as indicated above.

Thanks again,

Steve G.