How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was wondering what I can do about I think someone stole mt

Customer Question

Hello my name is ***** ***** and I was wondering what I can do about I think someone stole mt S S card and my birth certicate
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

First call all three credit report bureaus: Expedian, Equifax and Trans Union and request identity protection lock and credit monitoring so nobody can apply credit card or mortgage using the information. Then call the IRS and ask for identity protection pin. This will put identity protection alert on your tax returns so nobody can use your information to file a tax return without the pin. Finally call social security and contact your local police department.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?