How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68, soon to turn. I had to start drawing SS at 62 in

Customer Question

I am 68, soon to turn 69. I had to start drawing SS at 62 in order not to lose my house. I lost my job due to my major accounts exiting to China and Thailand. (I was an account rep for a major box company.)
I lost a large chunk of money from my 401K in the stock market.
I decided to move to Florida, got a part time job delivering parts, developed heart problems, part of the problem is Blackouts at random times. I blacked out when I was delivering and wrecked the truck, the company fired me. I need extra income to survive.
Is there any way I can get the full amount of social security, the amount I would have received if I retired at 66? Or any other help?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Hi Robert. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Sorry to disappoint you but no. The reduction is the penalty for taking your benefits early before your full retirement age. If you have a disability you may qualify for SSI - supplemental security income. Here are the requirements: