LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Changeing checking account bank

Customer Question

changeing checking account bank
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon George,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

If you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213(1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

I sense that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Thanks in advance,

Doug