How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want file complaint against my husband because he left me

Customer Question

I want file complaint against my husband because he left me after got green card. I filed divorce and didn't show up at court and judge granted divorce after whole processing. he got green card for 10 years. how should we stop his benefits and prevent to apply new green card or citizenship status. please help me with your precious advice. He didn't care about his 3 years old daughter.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If he already has the permanent green card (for 10 years, not the conditional 2 year) he doesn't need to be married to apply for citizenship. Unless he does something illegal, the only way to stop him from applying for citizenship or renewing his green card in 10 years would be to report marriage fraud. You will be investigated for possible accessory to fraud as well. Unfortunately you filing for divorce will not help your case.

As long as he is in the country he can be order to pay child support. But if he is deported, nobody can make him.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
He did marriage fraud and how can I get child support from him.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

If you have a proof that he committed fraud you can report him to the immigration office. To get a child support you will need a court order. He will be served a notice. His wages, bank account and federal and state refunds can be garnished to pay of the child support.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know where he located. He is under ground. Can you provide contact of immigration office so I can contact with them.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 10 months ago.

There's a office almost in every major state. Click on the state you live in on the bottom of the page.