How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on social security and I would like to find information

Customer Question

Sir I am on social security and I would like to find information on how to have my funds transfer to a banj
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

The Social Security Administration has a website just on direct deposit. The website encourages us to open an account and make request through the website account. However, I would recommend you to make a phone call to place the order to have your funds directly deposit or change to a different bank or bank account. The two telephone numbers are 1-***-***-**** and 1-***-***-****. Once everything is processed correctly. Then, if you would like to, you can practice open the on-line account.

"For more information regarding switching to an electronic payment, visit Treasury’s Go Direct website or call the helpline at 1-***-***-****."

"If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a my Social Security account and start or change Direct Deposit online. You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan. Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****)."

The above link is the Website for Social Security Direct Deposit.

Please feel free to follow up.


Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP