ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Business Consultant/Accounting Manager
89981332

I want to know what time, age, is best for me to retire. I

Customer Question

I want to know what time, age, is best for me to retire. I am 66 and want to understand what 67 or 68 does for me.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I know at 66 I can receive 2479.00 with a max ceiling on income of 15720 and after that $1 is deducted from SS for every $2 I would earn above that. I want to know about ages 67 and 68
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I am full time employed right now, and do not collect SS yet. Just looking for my options.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Great question. If you wait past your full retirement age (66), you'll increase your future Social Security check by approximately 8 percent each year.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you. *****

I saw you asked about the age - at 70, you will get more per month. There is also a calculator, provided by social security, using the following link:

https://www.ssa.gov/OACT/quickcalc/early_late.html#late

Have a great day.

Hi. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you.

Hi. Hoping you can rate me with 5 stars (will be at the top of the screen). If not, let me know if there is anything I can help you with. Thank you.

I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

I know it takes an extra step, but JustAnswer won’t credit us for the work until you rate.

Thank you!

Hi. If you have any questions, let me know. If not, a positive rating is very much appreciated. Best Regards.