Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

When I was 18 yrs old sister Doctor qualified me for

Customer Question

When I was 18 yrs old sister Doctor qualified me for benefits for lupus. I'm now 29 and ssi has stop my checks and asking me to pay back $20000
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

If you dispute the overpayment, you need to file for Request for Reconsideration. If you do not dispute the overpayment, but cannot afford to to pay it back, then, you need to file for Request for Waiver of the Overpayment. Click here for information on the forms and instructions.

Goodluck with your request,

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.