How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3171
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 74 years old colecting SS since I was 62 but I am still

Customer Question

I am 74 years old colecting SS since I was 62 but I am still working, colecting SS and still paying into SS. The question is on Sept 8th 2017 my wife and I will be married 10 years at that point she will be 62 years old. My wife is an illegal having entered the country Illegality. She has never worked nor has a SS card. Will she be eligible for benefits when 62 or after my death?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

To be eligible for socials security benefits you will need to legalize her status. You will need to file a petition for adjustment of her status and apply for a green card for her. Since she is here illegally I would suggest to consult a immigration lawyer to help you with the process.

She will not get any benefits without socials security number and the only way to get social security number is ***** get legal.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?