Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am on SSD, I leave in my mom's house, can she sell the

Customer Question

Hi
I am on SSD, I leave in my mom's house, can she sell the house without my consent
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. I can help with SSI and SSDI issues.

...

Yes, as long as she is the deed-holder (on the title). If you are an OWNER, then she cannot.

...

And if you are on SSI (as opposed to SSDI), this won't affect your benefit UNLESS she gives some of the proceeds to you.

...

Have I underrstood you question correctly?

...

et me know... I'll be here

...

Lane

...

...

I have a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice on three continents, since 1986

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

By the way, if you ARE a part owner, then (1) she DOES have to have your permission to sell and (2) this would affect benefits unless reinvested in a other home for you within the same month.

...

And again, this is all about SSI. (Supplemental Security Income) ... SSDI (Social Security Diability Insurance) is not means tested, so NONE of this would affect benefits.

...

Please let me knownif you have more questions

...

Lane

..