Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have adopted daughter and she gets a ss check to pay

Customer Question

i have adopted daughter and she gets a ss check to pay school, food etc every month, do we pay ss on that money
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: the check comes to the parents
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: this is not retirement
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. I can help you here.

...

Can you tell me the source of the check? (Social Security, federal Title IV-E adoption assistance or state (non-IV-E), assistance, etc.)

...

Let me know and we can go from there. (need that to be able to anseer the question)

...

Lane

...

...

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986