How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 11819
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

To secure an SSA-1099 Wage an Tax Statement for 2015. I have

Customer Question

to secure an SSA-1099 Wage an Tax Statement for 2015. I have no recollection of receiving same, or I have lost the Information that was mailed to me. How do I request same.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: My name is***** Jr. and my Social Security # is###-##-#### I reside at 19 Elm Lea Street, Markham, Ontario, Canada, L3P 3M8.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: I am receiving Social Security Benefits and need the request for for filing Income Tax for 2015 in Canada and in the U.S.A.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

Hi. My name's Lane. I can help here.


You have a three eways of doing this:


(1) Go to the MY Social Security site and register an account adn then order the statement


(2) YOu can call Social Security's main line and request (may have to wait on hold for a while): 1-***-***-****, OR


(3) Contacting your local Social Security office.

Here's a zip code locator for field offices:

Expert:  Lane replied 10 months ago.

. … Please let me know if you have any questions at all.


If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here


Thank you!


I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.