How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12477
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to know if I can draw my social security check now if

Customer Question

i want to know if I can draw my social security check now if I have worked all year up to this point? My income is over the 15,720 dollars allotted a age 65. I have not drawn a social security check this year. Social security deposited 2003 in my account in July without me requesting it and I returned the money to the Greenville Tx social security office and the check has been cashed. They put a stop on future payment since I had not requested them. If I should decide to retire could I still draw a check this year.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name's Lane ... I can help you here.


Yes, you can, although as you have mentioned, it will reduced by 1$ for every 2% earmned OVER that annual limit for those under age 66 (full retirement age for anyone born between 1943 And 1954).


Once you turn 66, you can earn an unlimited amount without your benefit being reduced.


. … Please let me know if you have any questions at all.


If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here


Thank you!


I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.