How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15716
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm on social security. I need to get a record of payments I

Customer Question

I'm on social security. I need to get a record of payments I have received so far. How can I do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


Every year the SSA sends a statement showing what your payments will be for the coming year. At years end they send a statement reporting what you were paid (1099 SSA).

You can get a replacement for the 1099 SSA online. Beginning on February 1, 2016, you can get an instant replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S by using your online my Social Securityaccount. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. To get your replacement form SSA-1099, go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab to get a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S.