dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Patricia here I need to know why I have to pay 120$ for

Customer Question

Hi, Patricia here I need to know why I have to pay 120$ for PartB and If my working 23 Hrs during the week @ 8.59 $ an hour + 11 Dollars an hour for 8 hours I want to Know if that will effect my ssi and I was married for 17 years and I think my husband is getting ssi @ age 59 can I tap into that at age53?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Patricia, you mention "SSI" - that is not social security, it is welfare, and yes, ALL of your work after the first $65 earned per month, will offset your SSI dollar for dollar.

But, you then state you are getting Medicare, which implies you DO get social security (medicare is tied to social security, but NOT SSI). So I will presume it was a type and you meant you are getting social security (not SSI).

If you are OVER 65, you will NOT lose Medicare due to work. SO if you owe the SSA $223, it would be because you didn't pay for some months of Medicare and they are catching you up.

How old are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 53 I will turn 54 in October.

Thank you. OK, so you are receiving social security disablity, correct? For more than 2 years worth of SSD payments.

1. When did the SSA find you to be disabled?

2. When did you start to receive Medicare?

3. And are you saying that you are working 23 hours + 11 hours/week = 34 hours/week? Making 1227 per month?