How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3173
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband died 3 years ago at the age of 63. If his

Customer Question

My husband died 3 years ago at the age of 63. If his benefits are more than mine, is it possible for me to switch? I have been receiving benefits for 4 years.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Yes, you may be eligible for window's benefits. But if you took your benefits before your full retirement age, you will not receive 100%. At what age have you started your benefits?

To apply for widows benefits you will need visit your local social security office. You cannot apply or switch online or over the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is what I thought. I am willing to pay $16 for your answer BUT I do not want to pay every. Onrh. This is the only question I have. How do I cancel?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

No problem. Once you accept/rate the answer I can notify the customer service to make sure that you do not want monthly subscription. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars.