How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Fiona Chen Your Own Question
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 482
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Dr. Fiona Chen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can one request social security to increase your benefit

Customer Question

Can one request social security to increase your benefit
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 10 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I am assuming that you are considering to ask social security administration to increase your own benefit.

The simple answer to the question is why not. There must be a reason for you to consider, and there could be other factors you think social security administration should know about your situation. Even if we are rejected or declined, we at lease have our questions answered and learned of the reason why. Of course, you can and should approach social security administration.

A general telephone number is ***** below for your information. Personally, I would like to go to a local office to talk with a representative face to face.

Please feel free follow up with questions.


Fiona Chen, MPA, PH.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Contact Social Security By Phone

Generally, we do not publish the phone numbers of our local offices.

You can call us toll-free at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can use our automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day. If you cannot handle your business through our automated services, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday. If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call our toll-free TTY number, 1-***-***-****, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.