Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

I am not sure if I should apply for social security or SS

Customer Question
Disability I was injured...
I am not sure if I should apply for social security or SS Disability I was injured / assaulted at work by a patient I am an RN for state of Ct DDS on 2/24/2010 In and out of work for several years until I could no longer function I have several herniated discs in cervical and thoracic region plus micro tears on rt shoulder plus other issues including spinal inpingment and a smaller cervical impingement the docs are touching my spinal cord I had to retire as an RN after working at the same place for 27 years aroun April 2013 They kept sending me back to work ( which I did) and could barely function thr Currently the pain is so severe at times I do not leave the house my quality of life is terrible I just turned 50 I retired under " disability retirement" I am using an attorney right now for workers comp But eventhough my pain management dr for past 7 years stated I am permanently partially disabled The state dr who I have seen 3 times in 6 yrs has a different opinion stated something about capacity for sedintary work In the mean time my finances have plumited from $75000.00 to $78.000.00 annually to Retirement pay to $1400.00 a month and sporadically workers comp pay which decreased from $1600.00 bi monthly to $1200.00 bi monthly There is so much more info i.e. Delay in approving injections in neck and back Simple procedures that help They say I am not a surgical candidate Risks outweigh benefits I need help I lost my house my daughter had to leave collage because I could no longer afford any of these can u help? I am desperate sincerely susan
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
8/10/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good evening Susan,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been an attorney for more than 3 decades and I handle social security issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Have you worked at least 5 of the last 10 years?

2. What is the average income you receive from workers' compensation per month?

3. Are you saying that one of your doctor's feels that you can work full time if the work is sedentary?

4. Aside from your R.N. degree, do you have any other degrees or job skills?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Doug I will be able to get you accurate info if you can give me until Saturday Since I lost my house to foreclosure not sure where everything is I do know some answers off the top of my head
1) yes I have worked 5 of the last 10 yrs officially retired 4/2013
2) Workers comp is confusing to me I have to look at the paper my Attny gave me Can't tell you the technical reason but instead of receiving my w/c check directly ( around $1640.00 bi monthly) it is sent to him and he issues me a check for $1200. It's a little more tan that) They stated it was because I was now considered to be partially totally disabled/ but there was a problem the " state Doctor didn't totally agree" This Dr did not say full or part time and I have yet to receive a copy of his letter this is coming from my att us paralegal who said my Attny was working on that situation I don't even attend family functions because I can't sit/ stand/lay etc in one position for more than 10-15 min Can't even read books because the act of looking down with my neck slightly bent causes serious pain
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry sent before spell checked or finished

Hi Susan,

I believe that I can answer your questions now. The answer to question 1 was most important for me to help you.

Are you willing to have me call you to go over all of this for just $5 more?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3) Not sur what other MDs said waiting for paperwork to be sent to me All my Attny said " the MDs stated I have a sedentary work capacity 4) At 16 I worked as a nurses aide until I graduated with LPN at 19 then went on to graduating with RN Nursing is all I know I will get that info as soon as possible PS I can drive short distances to the corner store otherwise I need a ride I'm afraid aid to go through intersections and CAN NOT park in parking garages, parallel park etc because I have very limited range of motion in my neck I just received your message Thank you so much!! I really need guidance Would it be possible to call me on Friday or Saturday? I am in so much pain I can't believe I can think this clearly ( plus I have the shingles- it really make me feel extra terrible And yes of course I can pay $5 extra for your advice I can't thank you enough Bless you! Is Fri or Sat ok? I usually don't answer numbers I don't recognize Can you tell me you area code? So I make sure to pick up Any time after 1pm Eastern Stan time Thanks again Sue

Hi Sue,

You want me to call Friday or Saturday? Yes, I can do that, but why so long from now?

And before I can call you you will need to click the accept icon on the call offer.

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am in excruciating pain not only because of my injuries but I have the Shingles- it's a viral infection that causes insane pain and mental fogginess I want to be clear and have a little more control on pain my daughter is typing this as I am telling her what to say I'm sorry I understand if this doesn't work for you Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have shingles. That is a terribly painful disease! I can call Friday if you would like, at 1PM EST. I block caller ID but I will call precisely at 1PM, provided that you have accepted the call offer by then.

Doug

On second thought, because I have a 12:30 appointment, I will call precisely at 2PM EST on Friday.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry for the late response Do I just go back on this app and press: Request a phone call ? Sorry for the delay Sue

I'll make the offer appear again now.

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thank u Goodnight Sorry if I rambled and thank goodness my daughter made it more concise Believe it or not :)

Good night.

Doug

Good morning Susan,

I hope that you are feeling a bit better now.

I've not heard back from you to confirm our tentative conversation this afternoon at 2PM. Neither have you accepted the call offer for the additional $5 to indicate that you want me to call.

I would appreciate it if you would please confirm whether or not you still need my help.

Have a good night,

Doug

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY