How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12485
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need my direct deposit changed to another bank

Customer Question

Need my direct deposit changed to another bank
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert. My name's Lane. Welcome to I can help you here.


You have three options for doing this.


You can:

(1) Call Social Security at 1-***-***-****,

(2) set up a "My Social Security Account," and change it online, or

(3) Have your new bank change it. All banks have the forms to have you Social Security deposit changed to their bank.


Here's where you can go on line to set up your My Social Security account (you can do other things there too, such as lgetting a benefit verification letter, Change your address and phone number, Start or change direct deposit of your benefit payment, Get a replacement Medicare card, or Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax season)



But again, you can also make the deposit change by calling 1-***-***-****, OR simply have your bank (or new bank) make the change

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.


If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here


Thank you!


I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.