How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2981
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to transfer my automatic social security check to

Customer Question

I want to transfer my automatic social security check to another bank.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: it goes to west america bank right now but they have all kinds of charges , if the account goes below 500$ it is 12$, etc. EECU does not charge for anything, so I want to transfer my deposit of SS.
JA: Is there anything else the Retirement Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: When I started to receive SS they said it would be adjusted because of higher income some quarters, they have never done that, could you check.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If you already receive benefits, it is very easy to change your banking account information by logging on or signing up for "my social security"( You can change your direct deposit by:

(1) Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);

(2) Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; or

(3) Calling Social Security at 1-***-***-****. (If they did not correctly change your info the first time, you should call them back and confirm your banking information).

It is really very easy to online with the "my Social Security" account and I would recommend changing ti this way. You can start, view, and change your direct deposit information of record via the My Profile Tab on "my Social Security". In addition, you can decide when your change will take effect.

If you are over age 66, your benefits will not be adjusted for any income (full retirement age). If you are age 62-66 then it can be adjusted if you earn over $15,720. If you are under full retirement age for the entire year, social security will deduct $1 from your benefit payments for every $2 you earn above the annual limit. We are and cannot check that for you and you will need to check with SSA for this.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This extra step will cost you nothing extra and will be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did not understand that this was a monthly charge , I understood it was 5$ only. I called my credit card company and you charged 5$ and 27$, this is not good, I barely have enough to get along now, please take off the 27$ and do not charge me any more, I thought this was the social security.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

I have nothing to do with billing and I am only an independent contractor for the site. You can contact customer support if you would like a refund. I am sorry you did not understand this process and I sympathize, I have not received a dime from you as you did not rate my answer, so the site is the one that charged you and they reimburse me for my time (again, I will get nothing as you did not positively rate me). Did I at least answer your question fully? If you rate me, I will close this question and alert customer service of your request but that closes the question so I cannot do so until I get a rating. There should be no additional charges unless you signed up for a monthly service but again I have nothing to do with that.

Related Social Security Questions