Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I need to get a copy of my widows pention

Customer Question

i need to get a copy of my widows pention
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Hi Merrilyn. My name is***** can help here.

...

This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter.")

...

There are three different ways to do this:

...

(1) Go online to and set up a "My Social Security" account... You can do that here: https://www.ssa.gov/signin

...

(2) If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

...

(3) You can also go to a local Social Securkity field office and ask for the pension amounts there.

Here's a locator, where you can input your zip code to find a social Security Office: https://www.ssa.gov/locator/

...

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Would that be under my as number or my deceased husband ss
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

Your number ... you are now getting what social security refers to as a survivors benefit, and it's now tied to your social security number

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Lane replied 11 months ago.

You're very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …is thanks enough!

That's the only way I'll be credited for the work here

...

Thank you,

Lane