How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a copy of social security award letter for my

Customer Question

can I get a copy of social security award letter for my mother and father please
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You don't have the legal ability to get those documents. However, you can assist your parents to get a copy of their Award letters and even do it today if they are available to work with you.

If they have misplaced their Benefit Award letters---also known as a proof of income letter---they may get one in several different ways:

You can assist them to get a replacement document using their online “my Social Security” account. If they don’t already have an account, you can assist them in creating one online. Then they can open their own social security online account and see their earnings statement, Benefit Award Letter for the year, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

Once you are logged in to the account, select the "Replacement Documents". Click on the Award Letter and then it can be printed out.

Alternatively, they may get one by going to your local Social Security office and they will order it for them, or they may call social security at 1-***-***-**** and social security can mail them one if they can wait about 10 days.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, and with the expectation that you would act similarly and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,