How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Forgotten SS number - how do I locate please?

Customer Question

Forgotten SS number - how do I locate please?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 12 months ago.


Expert:  emc011075 replied 12 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The best place to start would be your local social security office. The agent will need to verify your identity so you will need your driver's license or ID, proof of your current address and birth certificate. If you are outside the US, contact your nearest US embassy.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 12 months ago.

If you are located in Australia, your nearest office will be in Philippines. You may have a better luck calling the embassy directly, instead of sending e-mails. Unfortunately you will need to mail an application and required documents to get a replacement card. The embassy will not e-mail it to you.

Related Social Security Questions