How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3613
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am retired.want to return home to Ja. What steps do I have

Customer Question

I am retired.want to return home to Ja. What steps do I have to take?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you are a beneficiary planning to leave the U.S. to live abroad, you should report your change of address before you leave. You should report the change in your home address even if your payments are being sent to a bank.

You may report your new address by calling SSA's toll-free number, 1-***-***-****, or by getting in touch with the SSA Field Office nearest you.

The following link contains additional information that you will find helpful:

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,


Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,