Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

My husband is a disable American Veteran of the Korean War.

Customer Question
He has 60% disability. He...
My husband is a disable American Veteran of the Korean War. He has 60% disability. He has Parkinson's, and other health problems due to exposure of chemicals used for 22 years as a radar tech. My question is this: Our Social Security has not given us any raise in many years, we only received $9.00 each in our checks several years ago. Because of our age and health problems we now have to pay people to do the things that we can't do anymore. I am the full caretaker for my husband at 78 years old. We are on limited income. Please let us know if SS. can give us a decent raise this year, or if we need to apply to receive some kind of help for caretakers, Thank you. Rosa Perez
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
7/19/2016
Social Security Expert: emc011075, Tax Adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately social security doesn't give raises. Benefits are adjusted by cost of living (COLA) usually every year by small percentage, but there will be no adjustment in 2016. Have you tried to discuss your options with SSA agent? You may be eligible for SSI (Supplemental security income).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Eva, What is the phone # ***** the SSI and the contact person in Astoria, Or,?

There are no phone numbers for specific offices unless somebody at the office give it to you personally. All phone calls are handled through the centralized switchboard: 1-***-***-****

Here are other options to contact SSA: https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/

dylatess
dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY