How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is a disable American Veteran of the Korean War.

Customer Question

My husband is a disable American Veteran of the Korean War. He has 60% disability. He has Parkinson's, and other health problems due to exposure of chemicals used for 22 years as a radar tech. My question is this: Our Social Security has not given us any raise in many years, we only received $9.00 each in our checks several years ago. Because of our age and health problems we now have to pay people to do the things that we can't do anymore. I am the full caretaker for my husband at 78 years old. We are on limited income. Please let us know if SS. can give us a decent raise this year, or if we need to apply to receive some kind of help for caretakers, Thank you. Rosa Perez
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately social security doesn't give raises. Benefits are adjusted by cost of living (COLA) usually every year by small percentage, but there will be no adjustment in 2016. Have you tried to discuss your options with SSA agent? You may be eligible for SSI (Supplemental security income).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eva, What is the phone # ***** the SSI and the contact person in Astoria, Or,?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

There are no phone numbers for specific offices unless somebody at the office give it to you personally. All phone calls are handled through the centralized switchboard: 1-***-***-****

Here are other options to contact SSA: