How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12686
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am seventy one and still work. I have taken my income tax

Customer Question

I am seventy one and still work. I have taken my income tax w2into social security to see about getting a recouperationon my social security. I have never heard from them and when I go to a s.s. office i no one seems to know anything.I eoukd realy appreciate if you could tell me something.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

Can you expand on your question? Are you currently collecting? Are you looking for a refund of suicidal security taxes collected from your current work?

Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am collecting social security but not enough to live on so have to work. I dont know what a suicidal security tax is. I was told by one social security worker to file for a recuperation to receive more from social security.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

I'm not familiar with any program that would allow you to go back for additional benefits. I looked up the term, and found nothing I could report.

I will opt out. Perhaps another expert can advise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You were not of any help
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.



I'm a different expert.


Recouperation is not terminology that can be found in Social Security law, OR in the internal operations manual for social security.


Your only possibility for increasing your benefits would be the following:


(1) receiving a SPOUSAL benefit that is larger than yours on an ex spouse's work record,

(2) receiving a SURVIVOR benefit that is larger than your on a deceased spouse's work record

(3) working and and adding to your average indexed monthly earnings in a way that would increase your highest 35 years of indexed work earnings


If you can achieve no (3), your benefits will increase automatically.


Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all OR if you'd like a phone consult to tal through this.


Otherwise, I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content. Otherwise I’m working for no crediting at all here.

Thank you!


I have a law degree, (Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in financial accounting & tax, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.